Committee Against Sexual Harassment
Woman Grievance Redressal Committee
Formation of Committee: For gender equality & gender justice in all its intervention & practices Woman Grievance Redressal Committee was established under the Act No. 20 of 1990 of Govt. of India under the able surveillance in 2011 in Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Management Studies and Research. The Cell is responsible for looking into any complaints filed by students & staff about Woman Grievances at the college. According to the Hon. Supreme Court of India definition of sexual harassment is any unwelcome sexually determined behavior, such as:
- Physical contact and advances
- Demand or request for sexual favors
- Sexually Colored remarks
- Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature
The functions of the cell are to purely safeguard the rights of female students, faculty and staff members of women and also to provide a platform for listening to complaints. The Cell also tries to incorporate hygiene habits and ensure a healthy atmosphere in and around the college. It tries to equip them with the knowledge of their legal rights and redressal of their grievances. TO facilitate speedy delivery of justice, meetings are organized regularly. The counseling cell processes oral and written complaints.
Time to time the cell conducts seminars and lectures by specialists and eminent personalities to stop violence against women, sexual harassment at work and about health, hygiene etc.
- To resolve issues pertaining to girls’/women’s sexual harassment.
- To Women’s Grievance Redressal Cell has been formed to resolve issues.
- To equip the female students, faculty and staff members with knowledge of their legal rights.
- To safeguard the rights of female students, faculty and staff members.
- To provide a platform for listening to complaints and redressal of grievances.
- To incorporate hygiene habits and ensure a healthy atmosphere in and around the college.
- To ensure personality along with academic development of students.
- Students report their grievance to the Member of Grievance Redressal Committee.
- A faculty member or staff who feels that she has been harassed can approach to the Chairman/ Member of WGR Committee.
Any member found to have harassed another member or guest will be subject to appropriate disciplinary procedure action, including reprimands, suspension or termination of membership.
Complaint and Redressal mechanism:
- After knowing grievance of students, class Mentor discusses it with the Dean and then an appropriate solution is found out. If not solved at this level then grievance is taken up to the Director and legal advisor.
- The complainant shall be summoned to hear complaints (if necessary).
- After hearing of complaints, the committee shall take appropriate decision.
DAIMSR Woman Grievance Redressal Committee
|Sr. No.||Name||Designation||Mobile No.||E-mail ID|
|1||Dr. Mrs. Ruhi Bakhare||Chairmanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||Dr. Mrs. Rashmi Gupta||Memberemail@example.com|
|3||Mrs. Pallavi Badre||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|4||Mrs. Pallavi Sangode||Member Secretaryemail@example.com|
|5||Dr. Mrs. K.M. Reddy||Member||9960157352|