1.What is the eligibility for taking Admission in MBA?
Passed with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA ( 45% in case of candidates of backward class categories and Persons With Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only) in any Bachelor’s degree OR Appeared for the final year examination of any Bachelor’s degree.
2.Is there any Age Bar for appearing for CET?
No, there is no age bar for getting admission in MBA and appearing for CET. A graduate degree from any stream is a pre-requisite for appearing for CET.
3.What is the tentative schedule of MH-CET for MBA examination?
Every year State Common Entrance Cell, Government of Maharashtra (Directorate of Technical Education, Mumbai) conducts entrance examination for admission in MBA (Masters of Business Administration). In the month of February examination schedule is made available on www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mba2016 website, candidates has to create his/her log in id and password to apply/register online. After successful registration, online examination is conducted in the month of March, also in the same month it declares the result.
4.What is the fee for CET?
For Open Category Candidates from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), J
& K Migrant candidates and NRI/Foreign Nationals/PIO/Children of Indian Workers in the
Gulf Countries Candidates : Rs. 1000/-
For Candidates of Backward Class Categories [SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC,SBC] and Persons with Disability Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only : Rs. 800/-
Application form processing fees as stated below is to be paid through online system only by Internet Payment, Credit Card/ Debit Card (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets for which the service charges, as per rules, shall be applicable in addition to the application form processing fees. No other mode of payment shall be permitted. This fee is non-refundable and non transferable under any circumstances.
Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-Receipt and online Application Form.
5.What is the Procedure for Online Application Form Filing and Registration for MAH-MBA/MMS CET?
The process of registration and application for MBA CET is online only, one can access www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mba for details.In order to appear for MAH-MBA/MMS CET, the candidates are required to apply online as per the procedure given below. No other mode of application will be accepted.
Important Points to Be Noted Before Registration.
Before applying online, candidates should-
- Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications as given under Guideline for photograph & signature scan and upload.
- Have a valid personal email ID and mobile no., which should be kept active till the completion of admission Process. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID and mobile no. before applying on-line and must maintain that email account and mobile number.
- Arrange for Application Fees (Non refundable), Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees will have to be borne by the candidate.
6.Can a student select his/her preferred location for giving CET?
- Yes. A candidate appearing for CET shall give his/her preference for the centre, however the Competent Authority reserves the right to allocate the centre and venue.
- MAH-MBA/MMS CET will be conducted in the selected cities in Maharashtra & outside Maharashtra State. The cities in which MAH-MBA/MMS CET will be conducted are designated as "Centre" for the CET.
- The examination will be conducted online at venues given in the respective Hall Ticket.
- No request for change of centre/venue/date/session for Examination shall be entertained.
7.Is there a need of Caste Validity Certificate for taking Admission in MBA course?
Yes. The candidates belonging to SC, VJ/DT (NT (A)), NT (B), NT(C), NT (D), OBC and
SBC categories should produce “Caste Validity Certificate” issued by Scrutiny Committee of
Social Welfare Department and the Candidate belonging to ST category should submit “Tribe
Validity Certificate” issued by Scrutiny Committee of Tribal Department and valid Non
Creamy Layer certificate except SC, ST candidates at the time of verification of documents.
A student needs to have a caste validity certificate if he/she comes from a reserved category. It is important to get confirm admission in college. It is better to go through open category if a problem occurs in getting caste certificate or caste validity.
8.My university awards grades/CGPA in graduation/ degree, how to get converted into percentage marks?
In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the University/institution from where they have obtained the bachelor's degree.
9.What is the crucial information that should I know about schedule of MBA CET Examination?
MAH-MBA/MMS- CET shall be conducted only in the ONLINE mode in multiple sessions. MAH-MBA/MMS CET will be conducted on specified days of the year in multiple sessions. Candidates shall appear for the CET strictly as per the date and session allotted to them at allotted centre. No candidate shall be allowed to appear for test in other than the allotted session.
10.What are the important instructions to be followed while appearing for online CET at the selected center?
As per the schedule, Candidates will have to visit the www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mba2016
website for downloading Hall Ticket for online test.
In the examination hall, the Hall Ticket along with original of the candidate’s currently valid photo identity (bearing reasonably the same name as it appears on the Hall Ticket) such as PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving Licence/ Voter’s Card/ Bank Passbook with photograph/ Photo identity proof issued by a Gazetted Officer on official letterhead along with photograph / Photo identity proof issued by a People’s Representative on official letterhead along with photograph / valid recent Identity Card issued by a recognized College/ University/ Aadhar card with a photograph/ Employee ID/ Bar Council Identity Card with photograph should be submitted to the invigilator for verification.
11.What is the Syllabus and Marking Scheme for MAH-MBA/MMS- CET?
A) Logical / Abstract Reasoning.
This shall include the questions to measures how quickly and accurately you can think. This test may have questions based on figures and diagrams and also questions on verbal reasoning.
B) Quantitative Aptitude.
This shall include the questions to know how fast and accurate you can work with numbers, do numerical calculations understand various arithmetic problems involving ratio and proportion, percentage, etc. This test also helps to measure your power of quantitative reasoning, interpretation of tables, common graphs and charts.
C) Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension.
This shall include passages with questions based on their contents to test your comprehension. Your English Language ability would be tested through questions on grammar, vocabulary, sentence completion, synonyms, antonyms, comprehension of passages etc. Your English language ability would be tested through questions on (1) understanding of the contents of the passage and (2) choice of appropriate words, phrases, expressions and similar language skills.
Scheme of Marks
- 75 Questions on Logical Reasoning carrying one mark each
- 25 Questions on Abstract Reasoning carrying one mark each
- 50 Questions on Quantitative Aptitude carrying one mark each
- 50 Questions on Verbal Ability / Reading Comprehension carrying one mark each
- Thus, it is a objective paper of 200 questions carrying 200 marks
Important Instruction to be followed:
- The test will comprise of multiple choice objective type questions (Five Options)
- There is no negative marking System for this test.
- Test Duration: 150 Minutes
- Medium of CET: English
- Mode of Examination – Online
- Candidate can attempt any question at any point of time within these 150 minutes.
12.What are the Guidelines for persons with disabilities using a scribe?
The visually impaired candidates and candidates whose writing speed is adversely affected permanently for any reason can use their own scribe at their cost during the online examination, details are available on www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mba2016
13.What are the other entrance examination options available to a candidate other than MAH-MBA- CET?
Candidates who have appeared for MAH- MBA/MMS-CET (non domicile of Maharashtra), CAT (conducted by IIMs)/ GMAT(conducted by GMAC, USA)/ CMAT (Conducted by AICTE)/MAT(conducted by AIMA)/ XAT (conducted by XLRI)/ ATMA (conducted by AIMS) are considered to be eligible for admission against the All India Seats subject to the fulfilment of eligibility criteria.