Academic, Personal and Psycho-social support and guidance services provided to students
Students with special needs and support are provided customised input from the institute.Academic advice is provided at various stages right from the choice of course at the time of admission to the selection of projects by the faculty members. Students are counselled by the members of the admission committee. After admissions, the Director’s address during the induction programme provides glimpses of distinctive characteristics of the institute, infrastructure/facilities available, glorious traditions of the institute and eminent alumni. During the academic year, academic and personal guidance is provided by faculty members.
In addition, teachers are trained to act as mentors to students through special workshops conducted by competent psychologists. For personal counselling, students approach the mentor with personal problems. Problems requiring urgent help are handled by the Psychology counsellor available in the institute. Career counselling is provided via aptitude, intelligence and personality testing. About 200 students have benefited from the counselling centre in the last five years.
Institution caters to the needs of differently-abled students and ensure adherence to government policies
- Admission of differently-abled persons in various programmes offered by the institution is especially encouraged through the admission desk.
- The Institute provides guidance and counselling sessions to differently abled students and their parents.
- The faculty members of the institute are sensitized towards the special needs of the differently abled students.
- The differently abled students are provided assistance in gaining employment through the placement cell of the institution.
- The director nominates a special faculty member for providing all necessary assistance to the differently abled students.
- A special notice board for differently abled students is installed for these students.
- The scholarship schemes and concessions available to the differently abled students are provided by the institute.
- Readers and reading assistance is provided in the library for visually challenged students.
- The computer lab of the institution has facilities for screen reading for visually challenged students.
- The institute also organizes special functions to celebrate World Disabled Day.
- The institute campus is disabled friendly with the provisions of Lifts, Wheel Chairs, Ramps, Special Toilets etc. for the disabled students.
The institute has appointed a Student’s counsellor who is in charge of conducting Psychological counselling of the students enrolled in the various programmes offered by the institute. The Counsellor can be contacted anytime through the respective mentors and as also by sending an email to the Counsellor. The most significant contribution to the students support services in terms of counselling is providing through the Mentoring Program of the institute. This is a very important source of counselling which is made available to every student of the institute.
Dr. Dipesh Uike
Dr. Dipesh Uike is working as an assistant professor in DAIMSR. He has done his MA in Clinical Psychology and working as an Incharge of Clinical Psychology cell. Through his observation, interviews and tests, he diagnoses any existing or potential disorders. Then, together with the student, he formulate a program of treatment according to the student’s needs. He monitors the student’s progress on a regular basis to ensure that their needs are met by the course of action, and to adjust it if necessary.
Dr. Smita Dabholkar
Dr. Smita Dabholkar is working with Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Nagpur as Assistant Professor. She has worked with DAIMSR for 5 Years as Assistant Professor. She is a self- motivated person with a rich and diverse experience spanning of about 11 years, with an innate ability to understand and calculate the surroundings and its effects on the human mind. She is also blessed with the ability of understanding the person and assimilating all possible cues through an interaction with the person, thereafter based on her findings suggest the measures of rectification in order to overcome the person’s problem and thereby increase the self- confidence which one possess. Through her extensive years’ of experience, learning and knowledge it helps her to assess test and analyse results to bring out a fruitful outcomes.